- St. Mary’s Centenary Degree College (SMCDC) was established in 2001 by the Hyderabad Archdiocese Educational Society. It is a Catholic Christian co-educational institution offering B.Com (Computer Applications; General and Tax Procedures and Practices) and BBA programs.
- The College is affiliated to Osmania University and is recognized under the UGC u/s 2(f) act. With a proud legacy of two decades, our college continues to excel in every discipline keeping pace with the global trends in academia. Enhancing human dignity by empowering the youth has been one of its main goals. Although it was primarily instituted to benefit the catholic minority; the college today strives to reach out to all in the society, with special focus on the economically backward and socially underprivileged students. The service rendered by its committed teaching faculty and the support staff has brought many laurels to the institution. Every activity undertaken at college emphasizes aspects of “Quality initiative”, “Quality sustenance” and “Quality enhancement ’which are integrally tied to our goal.
- Our energies are focused on channelizing the potential of the younger generation and have them experience a gratifying growth in both their personal and professional career. We are proud that the college today is equipped with the best of faculty, infrastructure and support systems which are fundamental to the mission of teaching and training students to be emotionally balanced, morally upright, spiritually integrated, socially sensitive and globally competitive. The institution believes in imparting education that endorses strong blend of knowledge, skills and values, thus promoting an environment of composite culture and harmonious living in the campus.
- The academic activities conducted as part of the course curriculum are grouped department-wise to augment research, design pioneering courses, enable efficient teaching, and facilitate effective learning. Transfer of knowledge among students enables them to perceive and explore various avenues of research and academic growth, thus empowering the student community to face global demands of the 21st century.
- The college provides Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) for all students admitted to UG programs as prescribed by the education policy of Osmania University. The CBCS provides ample scope for academic innovation and progress.
- Tailor-made certificate courses are offered and conducted after the regular college hours to inculcate important life skills in students and enhance their career options. Career-Oriented-Programs are scheduled through the year to hone their employability skills. The college emphasizes and prioritizes the promotion of a value system within its curriculum as it is vital for creating balanced individuals.
- By involving students in academic, curricular and co-curricular activities, we aim to impart holistic education helpful in crafting a robust personality. Internship programs, field projects, students’ projects, paper presentations, and extra-curricular activities are all organized for increased student participation. Most activities involve mass participation of students in the realm of Fine Arts, Sports and festive celebrations. A spiritually enriched life and a well-rounded growth are ensured to a large extent through all these activities with in the campus.
- The “Student Counseling Forum ”facilitates a regular one-to-one counseling sessions and “Life Skill Trainings” along with “Mass Counselling Sessions” have indeed boosted the morale of students.
- The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) endeavors to optimize the integration of technology and quality with the modern methods of teaching, learning and evaluation.
- Extensive strides achieved in the areas of Academic, Research, Curricular, Co-curricular, Ethical Education and Outreach activities have catapulted our college to a college of reckoning among the competing institutions. The college has groomed generations of youngsters through concerted efforts and has lived up to the vision of its pioneers by imparting value-based integrated education to the young men and women, thereby ensuring the continued growth for more than seven decades.
mission and vision
VISION OF THE INSTITUTION
To be an educational hub for a student’s holistic development and empower them with tools of love, service, and sacrifice to become catalysts of positive change towards a better society.
MISSION OF THE INSTITUTION
- To become a center of excellence in education by continually enhancing the quality of output in all areas
- To become a center of cultural integration and communal harmony
- To promote academic exchanges in an environment enabled with latest technological up-gradations
- To develop global competencies while exposing them to life skills needed to endure the stiff competition in today’s competitive world
- To inculcate the four Cs – Competence, Commitment, Conscience, and Compassion in young men and women of the college